June 6, 2020
To Our Valued Customers,
We would like to thank you for supporting us during the COVID-19 pandemic. It has been a challenge for us all, but we are happy to announce that we will be reopening our dine-in operation on Thursday, June 11th, in accordance with the local government and health authorities.
The health and well-being of our employees and guests remain our highest priority. We are committed to providing a safe environment and will be implementing additional safety and hygiene measures to meet the guidelines of local health authorities. These include:
- All employees will undergo health checks before entering the restaurant. If they present any signs of illness, they will not enter the building.
- Employees will follow strict hygiene protocol at all times.
- We will not be using the waiting space inside the restaurant. Guests are requested to wait outside or in their cars after checking in with us.
- We strongly encourage guests to call ahead (604-434-0250) for a reservation.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided to all guests at each table.
- Tables have been set up for a maximum of 6 people per table and set 2 metres apart.
- Counter seats will be limited.
- Menus will be single-use to reduce handling. See the updated dine-in menu.
- Markings on the floor are in place to ensure social distancing in the washroom area.
- Washrooms will be sanitized every 30 minutes.
- We will only be accepting debit and credit cards for payment.
- All surfaces will be sanitized thoroughly between each seating.
The dining experience will no doubt be different for the time being. We are committed to providing you with a safe dining space and our passion for delivering great food remains the same. For those of you who are not yet ready to join us, our take out option remains available. We will continue to follow the guidance of our local health authorities in the coming weeks and months.
Thank you again for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you back at STEM Japanese Eatery!